It's not the Barossa Vintage Festival without the Parade!
A long-standing Festival tradition, the Vintage Festival Parade is a guaranteed show-stopper guaranteed to entertain, amuse and delight. All the fanfare, colour and excitement of the Parade makes it one of the most popular and highly anticipated events of the Festival program. Witness the true celebration, and creativity, of the Barossa community as the parade procession travels along Barossa Valley Way from Tanunda to Coulthard House, Nuriootpa.
Celebrate the ingenious, hand-crafted and engineered float creations that show off the community's innovation and flair while honouring the heritage and stories of the Barossa. In 2019, over 60 floats took part in the Parade procession to create a vibrant and interactive artistic display of Barossa's thriving wine, food, art and heritage.
Join the locals kerbside on Saturday, April 17 2021 and watch float after float pass by and enjoy a fun-family day out with loads of entertainment for the young, and the young at heart.
COVID SAFETY AT THE VINTAGE FESTIVAL PARADE
Remember, safety comes first. Play your part so we can all enjoy the Vintage Festival Parade.
- Stay home if you are unwell or showing COVID symptoms
- Keep 1.5m from nearest Vintage Festival-goer
- Wash your hands regularly. Wash for at least 20 seconds with soap and running water. Alternatively use alcohol-based hand sanitisers.
- Check-in using mySA Gov app
- Avoid crowded places, if an area seems congested stay away from that area.
- Follow the instructions of COVID Marshals and signage at different events
- COVID Safe messages may be delivered before, during and after events. Listen and watch out for information and follow the directions.
All messaging will be communicated by our website, social media, through commentary and signage on site at locations.
If you have any questions, look out for our COVID Safe Marshals along the Parade route. All attendees will be required to follow instructions of COVID Marshals. If a COVID Marshal requires assistance to manage an issue they will be assisted by the management team for the site where practicable. A significant issue may require SA Police to be called.
We will be sharing all the best vantage points so you can enjoy the Parade with your family and close friends.
Parade COVID Management Plan
A COVID Management Plan (CMP) will be in place for the event. This plan outlines the safety strategies that will be implemented to manage the risk of COVID-19 Safety strategies that are based on the following principles:
Density – ensuring space accommodates 1 person per 2 square metres Distancing – providing adequate space for people to be able to physically distance from one another Contact Tracing (see above) – providing means for capturing contact details for people attending
Plans also describe the management of COVID-19 operational control standards that include:
- Staff and patron health and wellbeing
- Hygiene and cleaning
- Public health education/information
- Food and beverage service
- Non-compliance and incident management